Saturday, June 30, 2007

Etsy, here I come!

Yay! I just posted 5 cards onto Etsy. If you would like to purchase them, then go here: http://www.westendgirl.etsy.com/ You can get all of them for only 20 dollars. Otherwise they are 5 dollars each.

I'm really not fond of computer copies and printouts of artwork. So for now I've decided to create the cards by hand. Yes, I know it's a little daunting, but it helps me to stay creative by constantly having to physically ink and color stuff. It will keep me in creative shape. I'm sure after a while I'll get tired of them and make digital copies of them instead, but until then I'd rather do it the old fashioned way. I mean, why would you want to pay 5 dollars for a computer printout? Ha, posters don't count.

Anyway, the five cards are the first in the Line of Hipster Girl series. I got the idea from one picture I drew last year, I think. And the idea was about a girl who looks like a big cross between gothic lolita/geisha and to include hipster fads like owls and strawberries and deer. Or a cracked out doll, hehe. But I think they have turned out pretty well and I can't wait to see what sort of response I get. Here are the pictures from the cards I'm selling so far:


^ Irene ^

^ Aubree ^

^ Kelsi ^

^ Momo ^

^ Paloma ^

No comments: