Monday, June 3, 2013

Amazon Wishlist for Good Reads!

I’ve put up a link to my Amazon wishlist on the right. Not for the sake of anyone buying me stuff (but you can if you want, I won’t argue!), but to see some highly recommended books. Look past the Dover ones and you’ll see a bunch of books that have come recommended from conceptart.org. I will be checking most of these out from the library. I prefer to “try before I buy.” If you are a student in college, you should really look into seeing if your school participates in interlibrary loan, or ILL. It’s an incredible resource. You can find valuable and out-of-print books and check them out from other libraries in the country for free. Utilize your library resources! I’m shocked by how many art students I meet who have never set foot in the campus library. I find it odd because I love to read books on artists and study pictures of their art. Some books have old illustrations in them that you can’t find anywhere. What are you waiting for?

No comments: